Senior Financial Accountant/ Regulatory Reporting Accountant
Reporting to the P&C Regulatory reporting manager, this role is within our Financial Reporting team, who are responsible for the Quarterly and Annual regulatory reporting of the ZIP UK branch to the Irish regulators.
Our client are a large, well known organisation operating in the Insurance and FS sectors
- Initially the role is focussed on the implementation of regulatory reporting process for the PRA and moving this into business as usual.
- Your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the Implementation project team, ZIP HO, Group and RFC teams to embed a new regulatory reporting processes.
- Supporting the testing of new regulatory reporting system solutions.
- Development of a Market Consistent Balance Sheet process for the UK Branch.
- Development of a Quantitative Reporting Template (QRT) reporting process on a Quarterly and Annual Basis.
- Supporting the development of a Regulatory supervisory report (RSR).
- Development of an enhanced close process for regulatory reporting to CBI and PRA.
- Supporting the embedding of an enhanced governance framework.
- Ensure new processes adhere to the control framework.
- Supporting end state project and developments in relation to regulatory reporting.
- Once implemented your responsibilities will include -
- The delivery of the Regulatory close process including co-ordination of key outputs performed on and offshore for the UK and ZIP HO reporting.
- Work closely with and provide challenge to other teams & functions.
- Production of the Market Consistent Balance Sheet and co-ordination of the QRT reporting on a Quarterly and Annual Basis.
- Co-ordination of the Regulatory supervisory report (RSR).
- Work closely with the ZIP, Group and RFC teams to provide support and embed new regulatory reporting processes.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement
- Query resolution, quality control and governance over outputs
- Ensure tasks performed adhere to the control framework
- Continue to support new projects and developments in relation to regulatory reporting.
Your skills and experience:
- Qualified accountant
- Good understanding of financial reporting (Insurance accounting an advantage)
- Knowledge of financial systems & business platforms (SAP an advantage)
- Good team player
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to provide accurate information within tight timescales
- Ability to work at different levels from detailed reconciliations to senior-level engagement
- Excellent level of analytical and problem solving skills
- Commitment to deliver a high quality service
- Proactive approach
Strong personal development ethos
Our client are offering the opportunity to join their well regarded organisation on a permanent basis in this managerial level role. A generous salary and benefits package is on offer, including the prospect of flexible and/or part time working arrangements for the ideal candidate.