Finance Business Partner
A fantastic opportunity for a commerical accountant to work in the retail division of a large group. The role will report into the Head of Commerical Finance.
The business is a growing and fast-paced group. The business has a great working culture with a very strong finance team.
- Provide insight into emerging trends and associated impact on P&L and cash flow
- Provide robust challenge to the Management Team on current business performance
- Provide market insight and updates on potential impact on business activities
- Utilising key management information and systems to evaluate business units against benchmark business units to drive improved performance and develop business strategies
- Complete budget and forecasts for agreed areas of the business in partnership with appropriate key stakeholders
- Identify and investigate variances, support business in undertaking corrective action and challenge areas of underperformance
- Relentless focus on costs and value for money
- Provide commercial and analytical support for projects, process changes and investment appraisals including post-investment review
- Analysis of investment opportunities and provision of accounting data for various projects and supporting throughout acquisition process and transition into business as usual
- Analyse and compile proposals in conjunction with Business Development Managers to enable customers to join our scheme
- Ad hoc management information production for use by the business
- Perform any other duties, as required
The successful candidate will be:
- An ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified accountant with experience of financial analysis and management reporting gained in a business facing corporate environment.
- Accountant who is comfortable proposing, justifying, initiating and implementing change.
- Experience of working to tight deadlines in a high pressure environment while maintaining excellent attention to detail
- Proven experience in performing root cause analysis, developing and implementing process improvements and robust controls.
*Project management qualifications or experience would be an advantage