Finance coordinator | Leicester | P2P | £9-£11 Per Hour
The Finance Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the effective administration of the relevant Faculty or Directorate departmental budgets in accordance with Financial regulations. This will include, but not exclusively, the maintenance of financial records, monitoring budgets, internal recharges and assisting the Finance Partner in analysing financial data together with effective administration of the procurement and coding of Faculty or Directorate departmental purchases. The maintenance of the records, monitoring procurement levels against budget, ensuring timely completion of goods receipting and internal recharges as necessary is of importance in this role
- To support and assist the Finance Partner in preparing financial and procurement data and reports as required, maintaining accurate records, monitoring balances, and preparing monthly reports for budget holders and central Finance.
- Providing analytical support to the Finance Partner in analysis of financial information to enable the completion of month end procedures and forecast updates.
- Issue purchase orders from Faculty and Directorate requisitions up to the authorised threshold or raise such requisitions as necessary. Compare submitted requisitions to available budget and challenge the requisitioner if insufficient funds are available or if there are apparent errors in the submission. Validate the correct material group to ensure posting to correct GL code, review tax coding and ensure that the purchase orders contain appropriate line item detail.
- Responsibility for local purchasing around travel and catering and the management of call off orders.
- Monitor orders to follow up with the requisitioner to ensure goods or services receipting is processed on the finance system in a timely manner to ensure expenditures are reported in the period the service is delivered and for prompt
- Administer the Procurement Card use in the relevant Faculty or Directorate, reconcile the bank statement on a weekly basis and obtain authorisation for payment of the relevant account from the Bank.
- Provide support and advice to faculty teams on procurement and procurement process flows.
- Co-ordinate staff and student expense payments ensuring compliance to the universities policy.
- P2P Experience
- AAT or Qualified by experience
- SAP is desirable
- Intermediate Excel User
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.