Internal Audit Manager
A fantastic opportunity within a large organisation based in the Rickmansworth area.
My client are a large sought after international maufacturing organisation based in Hertfordshire.
- Develop the risk based Internal Audit programme to ensure that sufficient assurance is obtained that operating businesses are following Group Policy
- Develop site specific and thematic work programmes
- Establish a small network of finance professionals across the Group who can assist with audits
- Work with and manage the relationship on a day to day basis with the Co-Source provider
- Conduct audits in line with the agreed programme, delivering insight for the operating businesses and providing prompt and succinct reports. Audits will cover many business areas
- Maintain the Group's Corestream software platform which tracks all audit actions
- Work with the operating businesses and divisional CFO's to ensure that audit actions are closed out appropriately and on time
- Manage the Group's annual Control Self-Assessment process
- Work with other providers of assurance, coordinating effort to ensure sufficient coverage is achieved (e.g. HSE, Insurance)
- Able to support the operating businesses in closing actions by providing guidance, templates, etc.
- Drafting reports for upward communication of Internal Audit activities
- Support and or conduct investigations as and when necessary e.g. Whistleblowing
- Assistance with ad hoc reviews on an as-needed basis
Experience and Education
- A qualified accountant, preferably with an Internal Audit qualification
- A proven track record in planning and delivering audits in a multi-national manufacturing business
- Experience of planning and delivering non-financial audits, including IT audits
- Have the ability to work to tight reporting deadlines through planning and controlling efficient work processes
Skills and Behaviours
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
- A robust yet collaborative approach
- Hands on approach
- Ability to work under tight timescales and manage multiple issues and prioritise
- Strong influencing skills and cultural awareness
- Ability to travel internationally (50%)
- An ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both in writing and verbally
- Ability to appreciate the 'bigger picture' and balance risk with the need to operate business efficiently
Opportunity to travel, flexible working and a highly competitive salary / package.
Progression opportunities with internal Finance and Audit, Risk and Assurance