Group Accountant - Permanent
Listed business based in Farnborough is recruiting a Group Accountant for a broad role.
The role will support the Group Controller.
My client, based in Farnborough is a listed business in the engineering sector.
* Delivering month-end to deadlines and creating and improving the underlying month-end processes for all Head Office entities to ensure timely and accurate reporting;
* Preparing and posting journals in the accounting system and managing prepayments and accruals for the Head Office entities;
* Preparing balance sheet reconciliations for review by the Group Chief Accountant, including fixed assets, cash and bank and intercompany;
* Raising Head Office intercompany recharges and liaising with UK and overseas operations to ensure accurate recording of these around the Group;
* Developing, and then issuing monthly departmental reports and providing analysis for Corporate Functions (Finance, HR, Legal, IT etc);
* Supporting the preparation of Head Office cost Forecasts (quarterly) and Plan (annually);
* Liaising with the accounts payable and treasury teams to ensure correct coding and payment of invoices in Head Office entities;
* Assisting in preparing VAT returns for Head Office entities;
* Assisting in preparing Government statutory reports
* Working with the Group Chief Accountant and Group Financial Controller to deliver the year-end audit process;
* Assisting with Group consolidation, planning and forecasting processes as required; and
* Supporting ongoing Finance Projects as required.
To be considered you will be a qualified accountant with strong Excel skills
Salary to £60,000 plus benefits