Assistant Finance Manager
Permanent Assistant Finance Manager based in Stoke on Trent
Your new company
Your new company are a market leader and are looking for a permanent Assistant Finance Manager which has been newly created following recent growth in the business.
Your new role
The role will play a pivotal part in assisting to lead multiple teams, working with colleagues across the business and our clients to ensure effective cash management and operational accounting.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Assist with the day-to-day people management and leadership of the operational accounts teams
- Setting and delivering on aged debt objectives with the Credit Control team
- Monthly reporting of collections and aged debt
- Liaise effectively with key stakeholders to follow process and assess possible efficiencies
- Assisting the management of the Sales Ledger and Purchase Ledger functions;
- Working closely with the Team Leaders and reporting to the Finance Manager;
- Balancing the needs to achieve targets with delivering an excellent customer service;
- Handling queries from clients and colleagues and resolving problems;
- Assist with managing of one of the Finance Teams ensuring client bank account reconciliations are accurately maintained and data sent out to clients is of the highest standards
- Other ad hoc duties
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience of working within the Finance or Accounting industry
- Problem solving
- Finance/accountancy qualification desirable (e.g AAT)
- A good negotiator who can also influence others
- Experience of working under pressure and to deadlines
- The ability to work in a team as well as individually
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- High level of skill in organising and prioritising and taking ownership of tasks
- Organised and methodical approach
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly IT literate, strong Excel and system skills
What you'll get in return
You will receive a salary of £27,000-£30,000 depending on experience, on site parking, a vibrant working environment, 29 days holiday, 5% pension contributions, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers and other company benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.