Finance Officer Stafford 6 Month Contract
Your new company
You will be working for a Public Service organisation based in Stafford, they are dedicated to providing the highest quality of service to its clients. They are forward thinking, and are set to continue their longstanding success.
Your new role
You will be working as a Finance Officer, and will be responsible for numerous areas of transactional finance. Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- To ensure the budget is appropriately aligned to relevant cost code within the revenue account to enable robust analysis to be undertaken at organisational, directorate and team level.
- To have oversight of transactions entering the revenue account and ensure they are appropriately allocated against the correct budget to support financial analysis and forecasting.
- To undertake month end accruals accounting in line with information from the business to ensure transactions are allocated to the correct accounting period enabling trend analysis and robust forecasting to be undertaken.
- To prepare and post journals and virements, ensuring budgets and transactions are allocated to the appropriate cost code.
- To undertake forecasting analysis with the Finance Business Partners to ensure an accurate year end forecast is produced and loaded into the ledger for reporting purposes.
What you'll need to succeed
Previous experience in a similar role will ultimately lead to your success, you will have excellent experience in transactional finance, and will be comfortable with all relevant processes and legislation. You will have excellent attention to detail, and will complete all tasks to the highest possible quality. You will be focused, and a motivated self starter. You will pick up new systems swiftly, and be confident operating on Excel. AAT qualification is preferred but not essential.
What you'll get in return
You will receive an hourly rate ranging between £11-£14 depending on experience, on site parking and top of the range canteen are available. This is an excellent opportunity to join a long standing successful business, which will be an excellent addition to any candidates CV.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.