Finance Manager - own the finance function for a fast growing and dynamic SME
Your new company
I am delighted to be partnering, on an exclusive basis, with a owner managed SME who are headquartered in Somerset. This business, who have a T/O of £8m, are well established in their sector and are led by a dynamic team of Directors, who have plans to significantly grow over the next few years.
Your new role
In the position of Finance Manager your role will be to own the finance function for the entire business, reporting to the Directors. Although this is a hands on role you will be supported by a team of two finance assistants, who will be reporting to you. Day to day duties to include :
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and year end management accounts
- Review of internal financial controls and procedures to ensure best practise across the business.
- Manage outsourced functions
- Oversee Purchase and Sales Ledgers
- Maintain payroll and company pensions scheme in line with regulatory requirements.
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements
- Manage the preparation of the company's budget
- Report to management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances
- Assist management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction
What you'll need to succeed
We are able to consider candidates who are either ACA, CIMA OR ACCA qualified as well as individuals who qualified by experience
What you'll get in return
Ownership of finance function
Autonomy to make decisions and influence
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.