A permanent Finance Manager job paying £35k per annum for an organisation in Droitwich.
£35,000 per annum
Your new company
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a small but exciting organisation based in Droitwich. My client, a leading and unique supplier within their industry, are looking for an experienced Finance Manager on a full-time permanent basis.
Your new role
Reporting directly into the MD, the Finance Manager will be accountable for the accounting operations of the company and have responsibility in running the day-to-day finance function.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly management accounts and report to the MD with findings
- Preparing cash flow forecasts and budgets vs actuals
- Ensure that the calculation, reporting and payment of VAT is compliant with HMRC requirements
- Prepare and enter accruals and prepayments
- Payroll and necessary corresponding HMRC payments
- Supplier payments
- Customer payments (brokerage from clients account)
- Liaise with sales staff to ensure prompt invoicing and payment on products
- Raising customer invoices and chasing debts
- Checking all nominal codes on purchase invoices and credit cards prior to input on Sage
- Ensure that month-end balances on nominal codes are checked and that errors are investigated and corrected
- Maintain up-to-date spreadsheets for bank movements between intercompany accounts
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Ensure Purchase and Sales Ledger account balances are reconciled to supplier and client statements
- Maintain the Fixed Asset and P11d register, calculate and post depreciation
- Produce and maintain a monthly cash flow projection and budget
- Oversee one member of staff
- Ad hoc accounting duties
What you'll need to succeed
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified or QBE with a strong background in a similar role
- Experience of month-end processes and preparing management accounts
- Strong analytical and numerical skills demonstrating an ability to identify and react to emerging issues
- Great working knowledge of Excel and Sage Line 50
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Determined, proactive, dynamic and focused to meet the challenges of the role
- Confident self-starter with the ability to operate effectively in a rapidly changing and busy environment
- Good attention to detail whilst maintaining the ability to view the bigger picture
- Ability to meet deadlines and recognise the importance of completing allocated tasks in a timely manner
- Able to multi-task and prioritise work independently
What you'll get in return
In return, you will receive a competitive salary and the chance to work within an experienced and friendly team. You'll benefit from 28 days holiday and an excellent rural working location in Droitwich.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.