Accounts Assistant - 12 Month FTC
Accounts Assistant for 12 Month FTC
Your new company
My client is an established and successful SME company based in Uttoxeter. They are currently looking for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join their team to cover a maternity leave.
Your new role
This role supports the Finance Manager in the delivery of an effective and efficient financial operation within the business. Responsible for day to day accounts control; processing of monthly management accounts; financial analysis and report preparation, and acting as the senior responsible person for Finance when the Finance Manager is away from the office.
Duties will include but not be limited to;
- To support the Finance Director in the delivery of KPIs for the Finance division of the business.
- To build and maintain relationships with clients and key personnel both internally and externally in support of effective relationship building and control of financial operations within the business on a day-to-day level.
- Managing records and receipts.
- Provide support for the effective recruitment and development of team members including training, development, and performance reviews.
- Supporting operational management and business development teams to ensure daily and weekly operations targets are maintained to an exceptional standard
- Work closely with the Finance Manager to ensure the smooth operation of all finance matters, including financial outlooks and forecasts.
- Assisting in the preparation of finance budgets, management accounts, and processing of year end procedures.
- Working with Managers across the business to manage effective budget control; cost centres, cross charging, and management of expenditure within budgetary guidelines.
- Completion of customer reconciliations and dealing with any discrepancies.
- Complete customer account reviews and provide recommendations to Finance Manager.
- Processing and reconciling company bank accounts.
- Complete daily cash flow management activities.
- Preparing and executing payment runs.
- Creating and distributing supplier remittance advices.
- Completion of company day books.
- Managing the preparation and processing of statutory payments.
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all financial and employee files is maintained at all times.
- Work with audit bodies and other external bodies to ensure successful compliance.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are handled and processed in-line with the approved policies and procedures.
- Prepare the monthly financial reports with all needed financial and costing analysis comparing with Budget and KPIs.
- Manage and coordinate debt financing and debt service payments with external agencies and monitor terms, conditions and covenants and ensure compliance with the same.
- Prepare financial analysis in support of contract negotiations and product investment decisions.
- Ensure compliance with legal reporting requirements.
- Reconciliation of bank accounts.
- Management of the Ledgers through effective management of invoices in and out of the business; posting invoices, issuing payments and BACs processing.
- Inter-company accounts, accruals & prepayments
- Management of petty cash and expenses including coding claims and arranging reimbursement of float.
- Oversee payment and financial activity of the business's commercial contracts working closely with Business Support team
- Management of the Sage Payroll weekly and monthly bank processing.
- Production of VAT quarterly returns.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be qualified by experience, AAT or part-qualified and this will be reflected in the salary offering. Previous Financial experience or working with and supporting senior teams and a proven track record of effective management of client relationships. A background in Financial support customer service, with experience of leading small teams; the post holder should ideally be a self-starter with good people management skills; the ability to plan well and build strong relationships be an effective communicator and problem solver. The ability to support the development of others in the team, and to coach and train team members to a high standard. Strong working knowledge of Sage Line 50, Microsoft packages (including Excel and Outlook) and other finance supportive packages.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.