• Raise all invoices requests for payment as required; chase outstanding invoices
• Monitor and maintain minimum working capital requirements
• Resolve all member/supplier enquiries
• Receive and record all receipts and ensure payments are appropriately allocated
• Receive and record all purchase invoices and ensure they are appropriately authorised in accordance with the financial procedures. Make payments of all authorised invoices
• Book keeping entries, including accrual and prepayment adjustments where necessary
• Reconcile bank accounts regularly as appropriate
• Submit VAT returns
• Preparation of Annual Budget and forecasts with Executive Director, Treasurer and Finance Director
• Preparation of quarterly management P&L accounts
• Preparation cash flow statements and other financial information for monthly management report for Trustees.
• Prepare accounts for annual audit, as required by external auditor, and arrange annual audit and action recommendations for PESGB and Subsidiaries.
• Completion & submission of Annual Returns for Charity Commission and Companies House
• Preparation and submission of Gift Aid claims
• Manage relationships with the outsourced pension, ensuring accurate and timely payments.
• Execute office payroll.
• Review and implement financial procedures
• Abide by the Accounting Policy of the Society
• Manage relationships and contracts with the building/office services/suppliers, sourcing new suppliers and ensuring the smooth running of the office
• Ordering of stationary and office supplies
• Managing incoming/outgoing post Person Specification i) Education
• Education - BSc degree in a numerate subject such as finance, accounting, economics or engineering
• Post degree accountancy qualification or evidence of working towards a recognised body such as CIMA, ACCA.
• Minimum 4 years accountancy experience.
• Proven work experience as a Finance Officer or similar role, ideally with both charity and limited company experience.
• Computer literate with experience of SAGE Line 50 Accountancy package and advanced MS Excel skills
• Excellent numerical and analytical skills
• Excellent organisational skills, particularly in managing time and tasks
• Strong ethics to manage confidential data
• Knowledge of financial regulations and governance
• A keen eye for detail and the ability to produce high quality, accurate work in tight timescales with limited supervision
• A welcoming and helpful approach when dealing with members in person at events and by telephone or e-mail This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/86554436