The USAID-funded Pakistan Reading Project (PRP), implemented by the International Rescue Committee and its partners, Creative Associates International, World Learning, and Institute of Rural Management, is working with the objective to support the provincial and regional departments of education throughout Pakistan to improve the reading skills of children in grades one and two. The project aims to achieve this goal through three distinct but interrelated components that work in synergy to affect the quality of early grade education: improved classroom learning environment for reading, improved policies and systems for reading, and community based support for reading in Pakistan.
The Finance Assistant is to assist the Finance officer by managing the day-to-day operations of the Finance Department, responsible for Cash processing and record keeping of the day to day transactions in accordance with IRC-PRP policy and procedures. Specific responsibilities are as follows.
- To assist the Finance Officer in ensuring that timely and accurate payments are made.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of payment documents in compliance to IRC and USAID policies and procedure
- Coordinate with district teams for advance issuance and there timely adjustment of advances & Trainings documentation.
- Ensure completeness of supporting documents in all respect which includes authenticity of signatures, cross-checking attendance sheets and verifying payments made to teachers & mentors
- Posting all vouchers into transaction spreadsheet on daily basis for review by the Finance Officer. Ensure that all information in the spreadsheet is correct and complete.
- Processing of petty cash transactions on daily basis. Ensure petty cash is replenished on time to meet daily cash needs. Carry out cash count as per the IRC policy and schedule. Document the cash count sheets for records.
- Prepare all payments and make sure that they are properly coded and supported with relevant necessary documents.
- Assist Finance office in monthly bank & account reconciliation.
- Ensure all the financial documents are properly filed & tagged.
- ‘Paid' stamping of all the invoices and related documents before filing.
- Ensure timely preparation of tax challan & deposit into bank.
- Visit Bank for necessary collection & submission of financial documents.
- Photocopies & scanning of all necessary documents/Instrument.
- Perform any other task assign by the line manager.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Finance Officer Position directly supervises:None
Indirect Reporting: Senior Finance Officer
Other Internal and/or external contacts: describe the nature of departments or groups the position influences or requires support from to accomplish objectives.
Internal: Project Staff, DPMs
External: Bank, FBR
The requirements should establish a baseline (minimum) for educational background, previous work experience, professional knowledge or certification, specific skills and strengths and any other skill necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education: B.Com. MBA Finance, M.COM
Work Experience: Minimum 2 years Finance experience preferably in INGO/NGO is mandatory.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Honesty and strong commitment.
- Accuracy in record checking.
- Ability to work as part of the team.
- IT skills including MS Office & Accounting applications.
Language Skills: Good communicator in English, Urdu - both written and oral as well as a good listener.