Progressive Accounts Payable Assistant
Progressive Accounts Payable Job | Permanent | Immediately Available Applications Required | Study Package
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE OR ON A MAXIMUM OF 1 WEEKS NOTICE! THIS IS AN IMMEDIATE NEED AND CANDIDATES ON NOTICE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE.
Your new company
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a global business based in the US, India, Australia and various European Countries. The head office in the UK holds 250 people made up of a variety of back office functions and 20 finance members. The company prides itself on company retention due to excellent company benefits and team environment (discussed below). The business owns a large number of retail brands well known across the globe and in the last 2 years the London head office has doubled in size due to the vast expansion and acquisition of different retail brands. This is a very exciting time to join this growing business.
Your new role
The head office finance function is made up of 20 including the Group finance department, central finance department, treasury department and payroll. You will be sitting with the central finance team which is made up of 8. You will be taking care of the following duties:
- Logging and processing purchase invoices
- managing the approval process for purchase invoices, pro-actively chasing unapproved invoices
- Review and process expense claims, ensuring that claims are in line with company policy
- Review and process Amex and O2 bills in line with policy
- Prepare supplier payment and expense reimbursement runs
-Prepare general ledger and control account reconciliations
-Perform other tasks as part of the head office finance function
- Reconcile supplier statements
- File invoices in a timely manner post payment
-Logging and processing purchase invoices
What you'll need to succeed
- An attention to detail, combined with high energy and enthusiasm
- Pro-active nature
-Prepared to take on a challenge
- Good communication skills and ability to interact across different levels of the business
- Ability to work in a flexible manner to meet changing priorities
What you'll get in return
WOW! SO MUCH! This business is looking to nurture someone with a little bit of experience in finance so that you can progress and develop in your career. There is the chance to move into so many finance areas within your long term career in this business and they really do encourage progression. A full study package support is provided which means all exams are paid for and you are allowed the day of and day before your exam off. You are paid a competitive annual salary of £25,000- £26,000. You get free Bupa healthcare for yourself and your family members. The company will match you up to 10% pension. There is an annual Xmas and Summer party with regular day time and evening socials for the team. The list goes on...
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.