On behalf of a business based just outside of Reading I am recruiting for a permanent Financial Accountant to join their long standing finance team.
My client are based East of Reading and are easily accessible by all major transport links. They are offering a clear progression route for a studying accountant to progress towards getting getting qualified in the next 2-3 years.
The successful applicant for this permanent role will be responsible for the following key tasks:
- Assisting with preparation and submission of monthly management accounts.
- Regular review of budgets for Long Term Contracts to ensure that they can be verified. Investigation into any significant variations to budget or movement to budgets from previous review.
- Review of monthly Inventory movements on Contract ledger. Investigation of any discrepancies.
- Preparation of journal entries to record Inventory and Long Term (Overtime) Contracts in the monthly results.
- Preparing and maintaining account reconciliations such as Fixed Assets, accruals and various reserves.
- Preparing schedules for annual audit and R&D Tax Credit Claim.
- Assisting with preparation of monthly and quarterly forecasts, annual Budget and Long Term Plan.
- Assisting with any other ad hoc financial duties as requested by the Site Manager or Financial Controller.
To be considered for this Permanent role you must posses the following:
- AAT Qualified/Degree educated and studying the middle stages of ACCA or CIMA
- Have previously worked in an accounts role for the past 2-3 years
- Exposure to a manufacturing environment with stock is preferable
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to use Excel to an intermediate standard including Pivot Tables and V-Look Ups
Competitive Salary & Brilliant progression opportunities & fully study support