Trainee Accountant - Graduate Scheme
Are you looking for a Graduate Trainee Accountant role within a fun and rewarding industry that will support your further qualifications? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for two recent Graduates to join us in our Pub Support Centre in Solihull on our September 2019 intake.
Our Finance Graduate Programme seeks to provide ambitious individuals with a rounded experience in Finance at Ei Group and prepare them for a career in Finance, whilst studying for an accountancy qualification alongside their work. The programme lasts three years and involves rotations around our Pub Support Centre (PSC) finance functions in Solihull. Rotations will include:
- Group Financial Planning and Analysis – our Group commercial finance team, supporting our CEO and CFO, along with our publican partnerships and commercial property businesses and all PSC functions.
- Managed Financial Planning and Analysis – our commercial finance team supporting our managed operations and managed investments businesses
- Financial Accounts – our accounts production, tax and treasury team, producing financial reporting for the Group both internally (management accounts for group and managed house entities) and externally (statutory accounts).
In addition to the core rotations, the scheme will involve some exposure visits to other departments within our business such as operations (in a pub), property (looking after our estate), marketing, procurement and internal audit.
Alongside the rotation scheme graduates will study for an accountancy qualification (either CIMA or ACCA) with the aim of qualifying as an accountant over the three years of the programme. At the end of the programme we expect candidates to take a role in one of our core finance teams.
Who are we?
Ei Group are the largest pub company in the UK, with over 4,400 properties that are predominantly run as leased and tenanted pubs. We aim to partner with entrepreneurs passionate about pubs, by granting leases and tenancies to the best publicans. We recruit high quality, commercially minded managers for our managed pubs, as well as collaborating with experienced experts in the pub industry.
We are looking for bright, ambitious and curious graduates with a desire to pursue a varied career in finance and with a passion for the hospitality industry. Experience working in a bar, restaurant or other hospitality business would be a real bonus, but is not essential. We ask that candidates have:
- A 2:1 degree or higher gained within the last 5 years, or are predicted to achieve this in 2019
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A working knowledge of Excel, with advanced users preferred
- A working knowledge of Outlook and PowerPoint
- A maths or maths based A level at grade B or higher
As well as a competitive salary we also offer some fantastic benefits including:
- 25 days’ holiday plus statutory holidays
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme (up to 10% of salary)
- Pension (minimum 5% company contribution)
- Death in Service benefit (4 x salary)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Free Parking and subsidised onsite catering
- Flexible benefits through salary sacrifice. These are optional and available at preferential rates including Dental Insurance, Cycle to Work Scheme, Gym Membership, Share Scheme, Holiday Purchase (up to 5 days).
- ‘My Rewards’ – an employee discount programme that provides significant savings across a wide range of products from everyday purchases to special items like holidays and gifts for Christmas