Internal Audit Manager
Your new company
RPS, an international, fully-listed environmental and energy consultancy, is recruiting for an Internal Audit Manager to develop and oversee the internal assurance activities of the group. The international footprint and diversity of RPS necessitates a dedicated professional with broad experience in internal audit to strengthen and develop the existing assurance review processes. RPS has grown strongly through acquisition over a number of years and has also invested in its support functions, to develop into a dynamic and highly professional, commercial consultancy business. In addition, it is currently implementing a new global ERP system, for which, the successful individual will contribute to the control aspect, during the roll-out phase, which commences in Australia and the Netherlands, later in 2019.
Your new role
The Internal Audit Manager will plan, manage and execute reviews report findings to senior management and the Audit Committee, and take a leading role in control and risk management matters.
The range of internal audit assignments is diverse and very interesting. You will work very closely with the business and really be able to make a positive contribution to its performance. This is a hands-on role, which offers high levels of autonomy and the freedom to act in an entrepreneurial and highly qualified professional services environment.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Leading the development of the assurance function
- Designing and implementing the group internal audit plan and a risk-based review methodology
- Ensuring engagement with senior management throughout the Group
- Planning, managing and conducting audits
- Where appropriate, reviewing transactional level detail and documenting controls
- Assisting in the design and development of processes and controls
- Reporting to local senior management, Group FD and the Audit Committee
- Undertaking annual assessment of the effectiveness of internal controls and risk management
- Recommending control improvements to local management and ensuring implementation
The role offers an exciting opportunity to build-on and develop the current controls and assurance framework of the business and if required in the future, grow the Internal Audit function of RPS Group. In addition, there is the opportunity to develop the remit of Internal Audit to include Operational and IT Assurance and, also, the consultancy's Risk Management environment. The role will involve a maximum of 35% travel within Europe, North America and Australia. The remainder of your time will be based in the Abingdon office, although some flexibility in location may be possible.
What you'll need to succeed
- ACA / IIA qualified or equivalent in an international firm
- Excellent academic record
- Very good analytical, critical thinking, communication and inter-personal skills
- A number of years' experience in an international, commercial organisation
- Commercial awareness and understanding of business is necessary
- Task competencies required include - planning, execution, reporting-writing and follow-up
- Self-starter, able to get things done
What you'll get in return
This is an exciting opportunity to be instrumental in developing the Internal Audit function within RPS. This position is rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package including a company car allowance and bonus.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.