Assistant Accounts Officer
You should have an understanding of basic Accounting principles and proficiency with computers and software, such as MS Excel or Quickbooks. You should be trustworthy, efficient, and organized.
· Working with spreadsheets, sales and purchase ledgers and journals.
· Calculating and checking to make sure payments, amounts and records are correct.
· Sorting out incoming and outgoing daily post and answering any queries.
· Controlling credit and chasing debt.
· Reconciling finance accounts and direct debits.
- Performing basic office tasks, such as filing, data entry, answering phones, processing the mail, etc.
- Handling communications with clients and vendors via phone, email, and in-person.
- Processing transactions, issuing checks, and updating ledgers, budgets, etc.
- Preparing financial reports.
- Assisting with audits, fact checks, and resolving discrepancies.