Financial Controller - Cardiff - £50,000 to £60,000
Your new company
Your new company is a market leading, global insurance provider to the finance and leasing industry.
Your new role
This position is newly created in line with the organisations ambitious growth plans.
The role will report into the CFO and be primarily responsible for financial planning, budgeting, group reporting, accounting for reserves, tax and cash flow management for a PE backed business.
The business has recently obtained investment and plans to grow substantially in the 5 years, this role will offer the right candidate an opportunity to grow with the role and really add value.
Key duties ;-
- Preparing accurate timely monthly financial information covering all companies in the group, for the Chief Financial Officer for presentation to the Board and External Stakeholders
- Oversee publishing of individual and consolidated statutory accounts under both UK
- GAAP and IFRS accounting standards.
- Management and preparation of budgeting and forecasting including targeting and
- Oversee the Accounting Department which is expected to grow with the company.
- All tax reporting for the group including the Dutch subsidiary
- Coordinate the annual statutory audits for all companies in the group
- Regulatory reporting
- Maintain a system of control over accounting and reporting.
- Responsibility for all intercompany accounting under the relevant tax authorities.
- Evaluate and manage financial risks.
- Responsibility for balance sheet reserve accounting
- Required to work
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed in this role you will be a qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) accountant with significant PQE. You will have operated in a similar FM / FC position in the past and have a strong understanding of management, financial and statutory accounting. Ideally, you will have SME experience and exposure to FRS / IFRS. Whilst not essential, it would be beneficial to have worked in a PE backed business.
What you'll get in return
In return you`ll be offered a salary between £50,000 - £60,000 and a competitive benefits package. Full package details can be provided upon application.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.