Audit Manager within public sector - up to £80,200
Your new company
A fantastic opportunity for a Audit Manager to join this public sector body with headquarters based in Central London.
Your new role
Our Audit Managers in our Financial Audit practice lead teams to deliver a portfolio of audit work which leads to the certification of our clients' accounts. They deliver high quality IT-enabled audit work to international auditing standards. Their insights and the value they add not only benefit our clients but also inform our other work - including our value-for-money studies and investigations. We are looking for candidates who have experience of delivering high quality financial audits gained in a highly professional external audit environment, along with expertise such as in one of the following areas:
- Working in a Centre of Expertise providing assurance over complex transactions and balances across the public sector.
- Auditing Shared Service or complex IT environments.
- Auditing companies - particularly in the financial services or media sectors.
- Leading change and development of the financial audit practice.
What you'll need to succeed
- CCAB qualified
- Track record of delivering high quality financial audit work and excellent technical audit judgements gained in a highly professional external audit environment
- Strong client and external stakeholder management skills to secure influence, impact and to add value
- Excellent people and team management skills to motivate, develop and maximise performance
- Strong collaborative skills and ability to engage well with a diverse range of people in an inclusive way to deliver a team effort
- Track record of driving and supporting positive change in how audits are delivered and in the wider organisation
- Ability to communicate complex points clearly and concisely in writing and orally
What you'll get in return
- A very competitive salary up to £80,200 p.a. (London)
- 35 days leave per year (including public holidays)
- They offer membership of an excellent civil service pension scheme, the Alpha Pension Scheme which is a defined benefit, career average scheme. Whilst they are not part of the civil service they can offer this excellent benefit
- Along with work that just means more, you will benefit from a sociable, collaborative working culture, working with other highly professional people committed to making a real difference as part of a high performing organisation with an ambitious strategy
- They provide excellent learning and development opportunities combining formal training on a wide range of analytical methods, as well as management and leadership skills
- Modern open plan offices, centrally located in London and Newcastle and equipped with a range of excellent on-site facilities
- Excellent on-site gym at the London Office
- Access to a wide variety of social activities, from quizzes to sporting events, coordinated by the NAO Sports and Social Association.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career