Assistant Head of Client Accounting
2 days left
- Level of qualification
- Not qualified
This role is a mix of client accounting, client reporting and people management (directly of 4 people, indirectly of 17 staff). This individual will assist in managing the Client Accounting function for Property Management within Glasgow, with a focus on outputs of the team, service excellence and compliance to procedures.
My client is a luxury property brand, and they provide top of the range guidance to help individuals, businesses and instituions to make the best property decisions. They are a multi-award winning employer, and offer a long term career path for their employees.
The core function of the Assistant Head of Client Accounting will be to manage and supervise the Client Accountants Team Leaders within Glasgow, ensuring that all team procedures are aligned in order to deliver the consistent service required. The objectives for the role cover strategy, management, performance and compliance, including but not limited to the below:
* Client liaison - ensure that Client Accountants are servicing clients in accordance with their expectations and mandate.
* Ensure that all client reporting is issued to clients in accordance with client mandate/ expectations and any relevant statute.
* Ensure that all service charge balances held is in accordance with RICS guidelines and client mandates (including sold or out of management properties).
* Ensure that all service charge balance sheets are accurate and cleared down with clients and 3rd parties.
* Ensure that all service charge budgets issued to client accountants are entered in to the database accordingly, reporting on budgets outstanding (to be delivered by Surveyors).
* Constantly review procedures in line with the service delivery and best practice. Ensure that the department process and report in line with the RICS client money rules and related best practice initiatives.
* Assist in the management of resource requirement for the team and ensure Savills employ and retain the best staff.
* Manage and deliver information for prospective clients - including request for proposal/information, presentation information in addition to attending meetings/pitches.
* Manage and control the static database in accordance with client mandates and Surveyor instructions.
* Manage and report on the cash funding for each property detailing where actions are required to address funding shortages.
* Other tasks as instructed by Client Accounts Manager.
* Attend on occasion and when required the relevant committees in order to carry out role:
Finance & Systems Board and Client Accounting Management (bi monthly meets)
The Assistant Head of Client Accounting will likely have the following profile;
* Have strong working experience in Property Accounting or other profession/business where skills can be transferred
* Have strong working experience of a similar senior/management role
* Strong accounting/financial skills to at least technician/part qualified or be qualified or qualified by experience
* Excellent organisation skills
* Excellent management and delegation skills
* Excellent time management skills
* Excellent attention to details skills
* Excellent communicator
* Strong team player
The Assistant Head of Client Accounting will be offered the following package;
Circa £45,000 - £50,000 per annum
37.5 hour working week
5% - 8% pension
28 days annual leave plus 9 statutory holidays
Life insurance + Death in service
Private Medical for the employee and spouse