Management Accountant - £30,000 - 5* Hotel - Mayfair
Your new company
This role will be working within a 5* hotel based in Mayfair as a Management Accountant. The role will be working within a luxury property that has newly refurbished rooms and high-end restaurant.
Your new role
This role is working within a luxury 5* property working within a team of 5 in finance. The role will be reporting to the Financial Controller and candidates who apply MUST have previous experience working within hotels and/or hospitality - candidates without this experience will not be considered. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to take a step up from an Assistant Management Accountant role. The ideal candidate will be studying towards their ACCA/CIMA studies.
What you'll need to succeed
Candidates who apply must have previous experience within hospitality and key duties include:
- Assisting with the monthly management accounts at month end closure
- Preparing monthly balance sheet reconciliations for income audit, accounts receivable and accounts payable areas
- Prepare and process all month end journals ensuring timely input and that all information is accurate as per monthly schedule
- Assisting prepare all VAT returns - ensuring timely input and that all sales and purchasing are accounted for correctly
- Review petty cash report against back-ups prepared by general cashier and process accounting system
- Preparing daily sales reports and distribute within deadlines
- Review adjustments and card refund reports on a daily basis
- Reviewing AR, AP and credit control
- Assisting with the year-end processes and audits with the Financial Controller
- Systems used: Opera, Sage 200 and Excel (VLookups and Pivot Tables)
What you'll get in return
In return you will get 25 days holiday and study support towards your ACCA/CIMA exams. The role will be working within a luxury property and discounts on rooms and the restaurant on site.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.