Finance Support Team Leader
- Responsibility for delivering a comprehensive range of project financial and financial system (SAP) tasks
- Responsible for oversight of your team and supporting team members with the completion of their tasks
FTSE 100 reputable organisation with multiple strands to their business. This is a new department for South Wales.
- Responsible for allocation of projects, performance management and development of the supporting team members.
- Building effective relationships both with your clients and in the wider community.
- Deputising for your line manager as required.
- Co-ordination and undertaking of team and individual performance management, talent development and 1-2-1s of your assigned team.
- Mentoring and coaching those on your team and the wider team
- Supporting management with the design and implementation of continual improvements and team developments
- Having a strong understanding of project controller processes
- Financial management for simple projects and/or a portfolio of projects including chasing for outstanding client invoices
- Quality review of Consulting team member outputs
- Supporting in the creation of WBS codes for new client projects, completing necessary procedures and set up of new engagement/client records in SAP
- Updating internal systems with relevant client project information
- Ensuring compliance and contractual requirements are met and maintained throughout the duration of client engagements
- Calculating client billing amounts, performing financial analysis and producing a variety of reports using Microsoft Office tools
- Providing engagement financial support to consulting engagement managers and project controller groups
- Organising and taking meeting minutes and producing meeting agendas
- Completing engagement close down procedures, such as producing final bills and archiving
- Experience of managing and developing a team preferably within a shared or global business service function for a professional services organisation
- Strong financial acumen and analytical skills, able to understand and interpret financial data, recommending actions and adjustments
- Able to advise and guide customers, leaders and peers towards effective outcomes through insightful data analysis and the generation of creative ideas
- Able to work and report to all levels of seniority, with the ability to prioritise and deliver against SLAs/KPIs to tight deadlines without direct supervision
- Sophisticated communicator, able to listen, adapt and flex according to different styles and audience
- Comfortable with ambiguity, flexible and adaptable to changing business needs
- Able to work well under pressure and manage customer expectations while ensuring that service delivery standards are maintained at the highest level
- Able to use own initiative, be proactive and able to identify appropriate solutions to problems
- Able to collaborate effectively and be able to share knowledge and experience with colleagues and leaders across the fir
- Advanced ability with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint (training will be provided depending on your level of competency)
- Desirable qualifications to include part or fully qualified AAT, CIMA or ACCA practitioners
The full time permanent position offers a competitive salary with:
- Competitive Pension
- Competitive Holidays
- Study support available for those not qualified and looking to complete.