Exciting opportunity to join a young and vibrant business on a mission to change small business lending in the UK. The company provides a flexible and simple funding product to help businesses achieve their goals. The company has strong financial backing and is growing rapidly, and this is a unique opportunity to join the organisation in an exciting growth phase.
The role is suitable for a recent graduate who is well-organised, diligent and motivated. You’ll be working closely with the financial, operations and underwritings teams to support management in their decision making.
Key tasks include
- Assisting with month-end financial reporting and other accounting tasks (50% of their time)
- Assisting the operations team with customer onboarding and ongoing support (20% of time)
- Supporting the underwriting team in assessing potential customers and monitoring existing customers(small businesses across the UK). This includes analysing new businesses, and assisting the collections team with defaults and bad debts analysis (30% of time)
- Liaising with sales team, management and customers during the application process
- A number of ad-hoc projects
Skills and experience
- University degree in Accounting (Company can support applicant should they wish to do CIMA or ACCA exams)
- New graduate or up to 2 years experience in accounting, financial analysis, underwriting, or auditing (up to 2 years)
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Strong computer skills (esp in excel)
- Organised and diligent