We are currently engaged by a leading business based in Glasgow to recruit a permanent Systems Accountant. This is a brand new role due to growth
Our client is a well known, highly successful business based on the outskirts of Glasgow.
The role will involve:
When representing Finance on key business projects you must -
- Gain full understanding of the Business and Financial context of each project, and identify the impacts and opportunities for Finance management and operation.
- Articulate Finance functional requirements for input to Business Cases, change requests and procurement exercises.
- Support the functional design and development of new systems to deliver efficient and effective and adequately controlled solution.
- Consider requirements to conform to external regulation and legislation and internal policy.
- Support identification of the testing requirements and quality acceptance criteria.
- Support the development and documentation of processes and work instructions for Finance based activities.
- Support end user training, ensuring staff carrying out finance based activities are clear about new processes and are empowered to make the best use of new systems.
- Support the planning and execution of implementation plans
- Be responsible for the migration of financial data and cut over of financial activities during the implementation of new systems.
- Work closely with business representatives, project management and IT technical specialists to ensure project deliverables are completed to plan.
- Support activities to ensure the new systems are successfully embedded into the business and anticipated benefits are realised.
- Support the decommissioning of legacy systems.
In support of the Finance day to day management and operation you must -
- Represent Finance on working groups that aim to develop and improve the use of embedded systems.
- Work on small scale initiatives to plan, test and deliver periodic upgrades developments for live systems.
- Actively seek out opportunities for continuous improvement of Finance management and operations
The successful candidate will:
- A professional accounting qualification.
- 5 years post qualifying experience in a Finance Systems development environment.
- A strong background in P2P, O2C and R2R activities.
- An innovative and creative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to understand complex technical issues and communicate them in simple terms.
- Experience of working within large project teams delivering key Finance and Business systems.
- Highly developed problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of financial reporting, planning and budgeting
- Ability to make a positive impact in a cross functional work environment
- Business analysis and process mapping skills
- Experience of small scale incremental developments
- Experience of delivering system upgrades
- Change management experience
The package includes:
- A rewarding career
- A competitive salary
- Excellent training, development and career progression
- 37 days annual leave
- Potential to work anywhere in the company's network.
- Final salary pension scheme