A Management Accountant job paying up to 40k for a Property company based in Central London.
My client, an established and well known property company based in Central London, is looking to recruit a talented and ambitious Management Accountant.
This role is a new position and will report directly into the Group Finance Manager. The current finance team consists of 20 professionals and this position sits within the commercially focused Asset team.
- Deliver month end accurately and on time including posting of journals.
- Provide analysis and commentary on relevant Asset areas for the Group Board report.
- Take ownership of the annual business rates and utilities reconciliations for the clients properties.
- Preparation of weekly cash committee reports.
- Undertake periodic balance sheet reconciliations for Asset related ledger accounts.
- Development of new reports in liaison with other teams in order to add value and drive understanding of business processes and operations.
- Assist in the annual budget setting process.
- Responsible for production of Asset related inputs for the Finance Group Board Report - in respect of Estates capex, rates, utilities and pass through costs.
- Production of a detailed annual reconciliation for the clients contract for rates and utility expenditure - in line with contractual timescales.
- Carry out quarterly reviews on all contracts and identify properties requiring budget adjustments.
- Undertake a monthly review of the clients rates and utilities invoicing/ reconciliations and ensure these are delivered by the required timescales.
- Undertake balance sheet reconciliations for rates and utilities and tie back to the contractual submissions and restricted cash accounts.
- Manage Service Charge Utilities with regards to the clients standing charges, cash movements and balance sheet entries.
- Review Utility recharges for client sites where supplies are directly paid by the client.
- Preparation of weekly Cash Committee report.
- Assist in budgeting for Asset transactions.
- Liaise closely with the operational business developing key relationships.
- Part-qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
- Intermediate Level Excel
- Commercially minded
- Management reporting experience
- Attention to detail
This is a commercial focused role and will suit a candidate that is keen to develop business partnering skills whilst retaining a hands on role.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.