Our client provides tailored end-to-end Wealth and Financial Management services for private and corporate clients. With over 20 offices and more than 600 staff nationwide, they are one of the fastest growing Wealth Planning brands in the UK. They are looking for a new Group FC to join their Head Office in Plymouth, working alongside the Group FD. You will be responsible for the group's central finance and revenue reconciliation teams, which deliver management accounting, payroll, payroll taxes compliance, VAT compliance, purchase ledger, staff expenses, revenue accounting, payaway calculations, banking, cash forecasting and management and revenue reconciliation. You will be responsible for ensuring that comprehensive and appropriate controls are in place and operating effectively. In particular, you will ensure that nominals are reconciled, reviewed, understood and timely corrective actions taken. In a fast moving environment, you will identify and mitigate against evolving and new risks to the robustness of the numbers through implementing mitigating actions and controls. Where appropriate, you will work with the w der business to ensure that risks emanating from operations are addressed and resolved. The Group FC will get underneath the numbers and be able to articulate financial performance. Trends will be identified and recharges applied in line with group policy. The Group FC will ensure that the numbers are appropriate both across the group and within individual entities. Skills & qualifications:
• A recognised professional accounting qualification: ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent with strong post qualified experience.
• Significant experience as a finance manager.
• Strong technical accounting skills.
• Strong understanding and experience of maintaining an effective and robust control environment.
• Experience of VAT and payroll taxes.
• Experience of working in a fast-moving environment.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Excellent excel skills.
• Strong academic record. Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities. This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/86528697