Financial Risk and Analysis - Manager/Associate Director
1. To analyse and give specific commentary on the risks associated with contracting with a tenant or other contract party. This should cover the immediate risks and those in the foreseeable future. Where appropriate the post holder should provide risk mitigation options to manage identified risks. This will also include current tenants. 2. To analyse and give specific commentary on the risk associated with a prospective contracting parties on the proposed sale or purchase of a property (or other transaction where risk is transferred). 3. To analyse and comment on the financial strength of existing tenants in connection with the asset planning process. 4. To analyse and comment on the financial risks with regard to upfront capital contributions to tenants as part of asset initiatives. Where appropriate provide alternative risk mitigation options to manage identified risks. 5. To analyse and comment on prospective suppliers. Where appropriate the post holder should calculate an acceptable contract or financial suggested limit to mitigate the financial risk associated with the contract party. 6. Review any tenants in hardship requests and suggest an appropriate, affordable and realistic payment plan. 7. Ensure that the corporate tenant database is kept up to date on an on-going basis and produce monthly reports. 8. Provide tenant management information on quarterly basis, to include but not limited to financial requests received by fund, by country by asset manager and value of transaction. 9. Supporting the Property Accounts Oversight Associate Director to maintain and update, as required, the organisation's policies and procedures relating to tenant insolvencies. 10. Provide cover and support for the Property Accounts Oversight Associate Director in giving technical advice to the investment, asset & fund management teams regarding tenant insolvencies. 11. Ensure that suitable files/logs of relevant information regarding insolvent tenants are maintained. 12. To assist the Property Accounts Oversight Associate Director to monitor and manage adherence to the organisation's insolvent debt write off policy. 13. To assist the Property Accounts Oversight Associate Director to monitor adherence to the organisation's VAT bad debt policy. You will have:
• Required - Strong technical knowledge of financial reporting requirements, accounting standards, credit analysis and ratio analysis.
• Required - An ability to apply a strong accounting background with commercial understanding in order to; understand real business issues, and, be prepared to provide a reasoned commercial assessment.
• Required/Desirable - Working knowledge of all UK corporate insolvency processes; including Administrations, Liquidations and Company Voluntary Arrangements (CVA)
• Desirable - Formal professional accountancy qualification desired (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or similar) People who work at M&G Prudential agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It's also an innovative, high-performing, commercial environment that's totally focused on customers. As an M&G Prudential colleague you'll get all the support you'd expect, including full training and professional development. You'll receive a competitive salary and rewards package. And in a fast-changing world, you'll join an organisation that's leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals. M&G Prudential is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple - to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences. We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.