Accounts Payable Clerk
Accounts Payable Clerk £23,000 FTE 1 Year FTC
Your new company
An established, leading and reputable company is recruiting a new payroll officer who will work with an organisation who operates with a variety of sectors. They invest both time and money in their customers and employees, making them an employer of choice.
Your New Role
- Process, review and verify invoices and cheque requests
- Identify and process invoices relevant to the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) making deductions where applicable
- Flag and clarify any unusual or questionable invoices/purchasing activity
- Prepare and process electronic payments
- Prepare and perform cheque runs
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Correspond with Vendors/Colleagues and respond to queries
- Provide supporting documentation for internal/external auditors
- Ensure NGN colleagues fully understand and comply with NGN's Procurement policy and P2P process.
- Report and share management information to demonstrate compliance with policy throughout the end to end purchase to pay process
- Support the implementation of the new SAP S4 and Ariba commerce automation systems.
- Identify areas for improvement, and implement solutions to mitigate financial risk and address non compliance with policy.
What you'll need to succeed
You will have a minimum of two years' experience of working within an accounts payable function and a customer facing role. Working knowledge and experience of procurement procedures and policies including Proven working experience in the application of CIS (construction industry Scheme). A proven track record/extensive experience in high volume, high value accounts payable functions. Developed influencing and core decision making skills alongside excellent communication skills.
What you'll get in return
An opportunity for a career within a respectable, versatile and professional company. A highly competitive salary and benefits package with the benefit of being part of an exciting forward-thinking organisation. You will be a valued member of the team as your skills will be essential to supporting the network of all business areas.
What you need to do now
If you would like to apply for the above vacancy, please submit your CV or get in contact with Isobelle Smith on 01132003735 if you have any further questions.