Part Time Financial Controller
Michael Page are pleased to be working with a Legal firm in Leeds to recruit a part time Financial Controller.
Founded almost 100 years ago and with offices across the UK they offer both private and commercial legal services.
This is a hands on role reporting into the Managing Partner of the firm.
The responsibilities will be;
- To provide monthly management accounts
- Monthly, quarterly and yearly budgeting forecasting.
- To be conversant with SAGE 50 forecasting.
- To provide analysis of financial information to the Members.
- To collate and analyse financial information relating to departments, teams and individuals within the business.
- To maintain and manage the cash flow of the business.
- To support the Members in directing and controlling the financial management of the practice, including strategy to ensure compliance with the Solicitors' Accounts Rules and budgetary limits
- Supervision of VAT returns ensuring compliance with all VAT regulations and requirements and provide advice and guidance as required
- Preparation and reconciliation of monthly payroll through liaison with HR
- Ensure timely and accurate payment of staff, supervision of HMRC year-end returns, P11 Ds, P60s etc.
- Deal with ad-hoc requests e.g. reporting and providing management information to the Members daily.
- To deal with general banking requirements and liaison with the firm's bankers, including deposit and withdrawals of cash and cheques with special clearance where necessary and the arrangement for incoming and outgoing TT payments.
You must be fully qualified (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) and have worked in a similar hands on role before.
Competitive salary + flexible working pattern