VAT Assistant Manager
VAT Assistant Manager based in London. This role will be providing Tax compliance and advisory services for a wide range of clients.
The client is a Top 10 firm with a global network operating in a number of countries with offices worldwide. This is a fast growing company and they want to help you achieve your personal and professional ambitions. They consider themselves to be a people-powered business and pride themselves on the quality of those people.
* Responsible for all day to day tax compliance affairs of clients, and involved with related advisory matters, whilst being supervised by Manager/Director/Partner and communicating with clients
* There will be an expectation that you will take full responsibility for project delivery
* To ensure assignments are completed within agreed budgets and keep client/Partner informed of overruns and plan staff assignments in order to give an appropriate spread of experience
* Identify risk and technical matters, as well as selling opportunities, to the Partner/Senior Manager, whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters
* Ensure professional standards are met and supervise, support and develop more junior staff both on-site at client premises and whilst in the office
* Will work as part of management team with other Tax managers within the business group, and provide support to the rest of the Tax team
* Counsel, appraise, develop and motivate staff as appropriate
* Participate in bids/proposals for new work as requested
* Develop professional relationships with clients and within the firm
* Pay attention to self-development and continuing professional education with a view to progressing within practice
* To support and work as a team player in achieving activities for their business area
* Consult with colleagues and Partners on technical and risk matters.
* Starting to gain staff management experience
* Significant understanding of and previous experience within tax compliance
* Some tax advisory experience preferable but not essential
* Maintain an in depth, up to date, knowledge of taxation
* Ability to manage a small client portfolio
* Some experience of dealing with client senior management
* Educated to degree level, and/or CTA and/or ACA qualified or equivalent
* Demonstrable post qualified experience
- The opportunity to work for an inclusive and empowering culture that encourages people to 'be themselves'
- Opportunity to progress career in a supportive work environment
- Chance to work on a range of exciting projects
- Manage your own portfolio
- Competitive Salary
- Great benefits package
- Good work-life balance
If you want to hear more, please contact Bethan Dennis on 020-72692236 for a confidential discussion.