An exciting opportunity has arisen to join an investment management firm in the heart of Central London as a Corporate Accountant. The role is broad and varied and will look after the day to day functions of the Accounts department including revenue and payment management, preparation of monthly management accounts and MI. This is a great chance to join an entrepreneurial, fast changing business.
A wealth planning and investment management firm located in the heart of Central London. The offices are ideally located with impressive surroundings. The firm currently operates in 6 locations with international expansion plans factored into their 3 year high growth plan.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CORPORATE ACCOUNTANT:
- Maintain daily cash books
- Process all transactions through Sage 200 Accounting system up to trial balance
- Day-to-day management of accounts payable function
- Process all staff T&E expenditure ensuring that they are recorded in line with travel
- Assist the Group Accountant prepare month end accounts, with analysis of expenditure where necessary and preparation of monthly accruals and prepayments schedules
- Prepare .csv file daily of cash receipts received for upload
- Support with ad hoc accounts duties where necessary
- Complete quarterly VAT returns
- Assist with FCA returns and National Statistics documentation
- Assist the CFO with any other duties as and when required
- Assist in providing monthly and year-to-date profit and loss figures and cash flow against budget by the 10th working day of each month
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Reconcile all inter-co accounts
- Assist in analysing all income
- Assist in processing payroll journals and expenses
- Assist in the preparation of the Group and subsidiary statutory accounts and a key day to day contact for the audit team
Pre-Requisites of the Corporate Accountant
- Understanding and previous experience of the majority of the above duties
- Strong academic background or AAT Qualified
- Studying for CIMA or ACCA accountancy qualification, preferable sat/ passed exams and is towards the end of their studies.
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial firm with strong growth mandate
- Attention to detail is critical
- Strong communicator, comfortable working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- No job too big or small!
Looking to pay up to £40,000 with a comprehensive benefits package that includes full study support.