Accounts Payable- Insurance Company- Fenchurch Street- £28,000-£32,000
Your new company
This is a global insurance and underwriting business based in the heart of London City. They are looking for a new accounts payable to join the team!
Your new role
The successful purchase ledger will be carrying out the following:
- Liaison with other departments on coding of invoices.
- Review of coding to ensure policy/guidelines correctly followed/ensuring consistency of coding between invoices and departments.
- Daily scanning of all information to external outsource provider for processing as received.
- Liaison with outsource provider on queries in a timely in a timely manner (note importance of month end responses).
- Review and approve journals prepared by outsource provider within 24 hours.
- Verify authorisation levels and ensure invoices authorised in line with guidelines
- Maintenance of Expense Reporting System - Concur Review
- weekly bank reconciliations
- Approve daily bank journals
- Review and approve weekly BACS and other payments and document
- Review and make foreign currency bank payments
- Corporate credit cards - Download/review and Setting up new employees with corporate credit cards. Manage Petty Cash
What you'll need to succeed
The successful Purchase ledger/ AP clerk will have previous experience in all areas listed on the job specifications and will be experienced enough to settle in quickly without too much training. Professional services including insurance industry experience would also be a great advantage.
What you'll get in return
You will get the chance to work for a great growing company with lots of opportunity. You will also be given a competitive salary with great company benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.