General Ledger Accountant
My client is currently seeking a long term day rate General Ledger Accountant to join them asap.
Market leading organisation based in Edinburgh city centre.
Duties will include:
- Responsible for financial accounting and general ledger
- Standard reporting, creating journals, balance sheet and bank reconciliations, bonus and commission calculations, allocating individuals to commission schedules, accruals, creation and management of fixed assets, inter company accounts, recharges, running allocations, assisting with any group reporting requirements, prepayments and tax accounting
- Assisting with the preparation of statutory accounts for entities in the region where required
- Meeting any internal and external audit requirements
- Ensuring financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures
- Ensuring accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end closing
- Resolving accounting discrepancies
- Ideally qualified or a finalist ACCA, ICAS or CIMA
- Good level usage of Excel and data manipulation
- Dedications and commitment to achieve results and deadlines.
- Sound knowledge of general accounting and reporting processes
- Effective resolution of complex reporting requirements
- Maintain efficient control under pressure to meet deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Time management and prioritisation skills
Long term day rate contract is available for the successful candidate in Edinburgh