A leading real estate investment and development firm is looking for an exceptional candidate to join their team as a Junior Analyst. Based in Central London.
A leading real estate investment and development firm based in Central London.
The Junior Analyst position fufills one of the primary roles on the real estate project developement team. You will be assigned to a development and you will work closely with the Team to build a detailed understanding of your development. You will also use this knowledge to ensure the completeness and accuracy of project costing and forecasting.
As such, this role is an essential part of both the Project Development team and the Finance team - ensuring that the Development Team is aware of any financial implications and that the Finance Team is up to date with the latest project assumptions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Embed yourself in the project team, working closely and collaboratively with them to ensure that you remain up to date with project developments
- Build a detailed understanding of your development, including key dates, cost forecasts, sales targets, project risks and opportunities.
- Attend project meetings to gain a detailed, first-hand understanding of the project.
- As required, working with the Project Development team, this may include data analysis and data collection to support market research, site analysis, space planning, and costing.
- Integrate data analysis into the company's established methodologies for project costing and forecasting. This will involve maintaining and modifying financial models.
- Advise Project Development team on the financial impacts of minor changes to project assumptions. This will involve maintaining and modifying financial models.
- Performs quality control activities that ensure error-free reporting.
- Such other duties as the business may reasonably require from time to time
- Oxbridge Degree level Qualification (2:1 or 1st in Mathematics or Science related subject)
- You don't need a background in Real Estate or Finance but an interest would be helpful
- Prior knowledge of excel is desired
- Genuine interest in the real estate / investment industry
- Highly personable individual who can form good working relationships with a diverse team
- Excellent process and time management skills
- An individual with an ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels, internally and externally
- An individual with an enquiring mind who wants to understand the reason why things are the way they are, and whether they can be better.
- Analytical with attention to detail, the ability to scrutinise your own work to identify anomalies and inconsistencies
Competitive salary and benefits package