Senior Financial Accountant
The Senior Financial Accountant will lead a small team to produce weekly and monthly financial statements, manage the financial internal control environment and prepare budget & forecast data. An interesting and challenging role in a growing business.
A UK leading manufacturing business, who previous and ongoing growth over the past few years. They are seeking a passionate and talented individual who can support and drive future success of the business.
The Senior Financial Accountant will be responsible for:
- Managing a team of Assistant Financial Accountants, including ongoing training and development opportunities
- Preparation of monthly site accounts in line with Group reporting deadlines
- Production and submission of statutory returns
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Preparation of a monthly audit file with supporting documentation
- Maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register
- Quarterly forecast and annual budget preparation for Overheads and forecast/budget Balance Sheet and Cash flow
- Year End reporting - Group Statutory packs
The successful Senior Financial Accountant will:
Hold a fully recognised accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
Minimum of 5 years practical financial accounts experience
- Excellent IT skills, particularly Microsoft Excel
Experience working within Manufacturing/FMCG is preferable
Strong Financial system management and a good understanding of internal controls
- Strong experience in leading a team / managing people
- Hard working, ambitious and eager to succeed
- Driven and motivated to progress
Salary range £45-£55,000 (doe) + benefits.