Finance Assistant - PR - Oxford Circus - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract - £26,000 + benefits
Your new company
An award-winning independent communications consultancy based near Oxford Circus are looking for an all-round Finance Assistant to join their team of 3 on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract.
Your new role
Reporting to the Finance Director, you will have full ownership over the companies sales and purchase ledgers as well as being heavily involved in month end. Key duties in the role will include the following:
- Managing and tracking client budgets
- Credit control
- Uploading invoices to client portals where necessary
- Billing third party expenses, managing WIP
- Chasing purchase orders
- Maintaining contracts spreadsheet and billing details
- Keeping Sales Ledger tidy and providing monthly updatesCoding and inputting invoices on Exchequer (supported by office administrator)
- Ensuring invoices are approved
- Preparing and posting payment batches
- Reconciling supplier statements
- Uploading staff expenses and checking receipts (supported by office administrator)
- Uploading company credit cards and checking receipts (supported by office administrator)
- Dealing with ad-hoc queries
- Keeping Purchase Ledger tidy
- Posting bank transactions daily and monthly reconciliation of two bank accounts
- Preparing quarterly VAT schedule
- Assisting with timesheet reports
- Assisting with balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparing standard contracts for clients
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed in this role, you will need to be a flexible, friendly, approachable and proactive team player who is happy to get stuck into a range of key duties in order to help out the team. You will also need good Excel skills, excellent attention to detail and take an organised and methodical approach to work.
!PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE AND HAPPY WORKING A 12 MONTH FIXED TERM CONTRACT!
What you'll get in return
You will receive a competitive salary of up to £26,000 as well as a generous holiday, pensions and benefits package which includes generous pension scheme, gym, private healthcare or private members' club membership, annual agency-wide and personal bonuses, an active social calendar, a fully stocked bar and kitchen and several office dogs!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.