Group Finance Manager
The primary responsibility of the Group Finance Manager is to lead and manage the growing Group finance department with clear sight of the objectives of the organisation and its fast-paced strategy.
My client is a rapidly growing organisation in the Scottish Borders but are expanding globally. They are an expert in their field and are to be at the forefront of their industry, driving process improvement and efficiency across all of their sites.
- Assess accounting and operational processes and controls, and recommend and implement continuous improvement activities to strive towards a best in class finance function.
- Ensure clear and accurate financial performance reporting so that the Senior Management Team and Site Operations Teams fully understand the financial performance of the business.
- Deliver smooth month-end closing & consolidation process
- Conduct balance sheet reviews - ledger & reconciliation review / validation and provision review
- Delivering weekly reporting (sales, order book & bank) in a timely manner
- Statutory accounts for UK companies
- Providing / collating / challenging the information that is needed for group reporting purposes
- Commercial analysis and M&A activity
- Complete regular cyclical stock counts to ensure stock is accurately reported.
- Coordinate the budget / forecast process at UK sites to provide realistic budgets, forecasts and mid-term plans.
- Develop and maintain accurate costing information to assist in the pricing of products for the company.
- Provision and analysis of Operational finance KPIs and any ad hoc analysis or explanations to ensure maximum site efficiency/cost control
- Ensure that all inter-company transactions comply with the local transfer pricing policy and that balances are agreed regularly as part of the month end process.
- Ensure the interim and year end audit is completed in an efficient manner and in accordance with agreed timetables. Liaising with auditors and tax advisers as and when required.
- Implement controls to manage and report on working capital expenditure to drive improved cash flow.
- Perform month end close activities including journal entries, reconciliations and analysis of results prior to final submission. This should include detailed commentary on said results
- Lead, motivate and develop the Finance team to maximise employee engagement.
- Promote, develop and embed a "one team" approach to Finance in support of the delivery of a Global Finance function.
- Become finance champion for multi-departmental projects
- Professionally qualified accountant (CA or equivalent).
- Technically strong with management accounts background.
- Commercial and business awareness.
- Comprehensive experience in technical accounting aspects of cost accounting.
- Knowledge and a strong understanding of best practice internal control systems, processes and procedures.
- At least 5 year's experience of working in a senior financial role within industry/commerce.
- Experience of working with cross-functions within a business.
- Experience of delivering information at site and group level.
My client is prepared to offer the Group Finance Manager a highly competitive salary, pension and generous bonus potential that will be based on individual and group performance.