- A newly created role as a cost accountant, the role sits within a growing manufacturing business who are looking for increased clarity on their costing processes
- Joining a business with great development, learning and progression opportunities
My client is a manufacturing and production business based in Uxbridge who have been operating for almost a century. They have recently been acquired by a large player in their field and have significant investment in growing the business moving forward. There are very ambitious plans in place to grow the company, with multiple roles (including this!) being created.
It's certainly an exciting time to be joining the business!
The Cost Accountant will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and forecasting standard product costs in ERP system ensuring product cost is correctly stated per budget standards. In addition to primary cost accounting responsibility, the role will work closely with the Ops Finance Business Partner to support the wider Operations functions with variance analyses, budgeting/forecasting, reporting, and ad hoc projects.
- Develop and maintain standard cost of finished goods and production components in ERP system, along with analysis of fixed, variable, and labor rates
- Identify and provide root-cause drivers while assessing the following manufacturing variances such as material usage, direct labour efficiency, scrap and Purchase Price Variance (PPV)
- Analyse changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, to determine effects on costs
- Build strong relationships with Operations and Product Development teams by providing analytical support around product costing
- Support and validate cost improvement initiatives
- Assist in regular journal entry, month-end closing, and reporting processes
- Analyse actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
- Assist with development of annual budgets and forecast updates
- Participate in internal and external audits
- Excellent Excel analytical skills
- Frequently completes tasks ahead of target, exhibits a high level of urgency/quality
- Possess an analytical approach with a clear passion for accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-starter, flexible, and approachable
- Ability to communicate confidently with people across the business at all levels of seniority
Experience & Educational Requirements:
- Qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- Experience in manufacturing accounting, specifically standard costing / cost accountant experience
- Knowledge and experience of the key systems used in the business (SAP preferred, SAGE)
Package is very negotiable dependent on experience - if this role is of interest please reach out so we can discuss further.