Finance Analyst - 12 month fixed term contract
Finance Analyst - Maternity cover 12 months FTC
Your new company
My client is a CRO, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of 2 businesses back in November 2017, this business offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward. They are looking for a bright and forward thinking Finance Analyst to process transactions related to the accounting systems and controls and assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts. The chosen candidate will also provide cost centre management with monthly cost analysis. This role is a 12 month FTC and will be based in their new offices in Central Reading.
Your new role
- Coordinate tasks related to the administration of the financial accounting system.
- Perform analysis of monthly expenses.
- Assist during meetings with cost centre managers to discuss forecast and preliminary budgets. Highlight major concerns relating to forecasts or budget to immediate supervisor to seek guidance on how to proceed.
- Maintain general ledger; prepare monthly journal entries for review by others and compile all source documentation related to the financial reporting.
- Maintain detailed understanding of internal customer requirements and develop processes that will meet or exceed these requirements.
- Be familiar with, and ensure compliance with, internal financial accounting procedures and policies.
- Ensure all financial and accounting records are thoroughly maintained and complete in preparation for independent audits.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you'll need to succeed
- Knowledge of General Ledger accounting.
- Knowledge of finance modules of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems such as SAP, PeopleSoft.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Technical accounting skills.
- Good analytical and numeracy skills.
- Ability to identify financial issues and execute mitigating actions.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple work requirements to meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients.
What you'll get in return
- Flexible benefits package
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.