Our client seeks an Assistant Accountant to join its small finance team in North Nottingham. Our client invites applications from candidates who have some previous experience of working in finance at a public sector / not for profit organisation.
Our client is a well known national public sector organisation.
The Assistant Accountant will be working closely with a qualified Accountant. Some of the Assistant Accountant's duties will be carried out autonomously, but some will be carried out with the support of the Accountant. Duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Completing various returns for government and other agencies
- Extracting financial data for reporting
- Reconciling the banks
- Assisting with preparing the monthly and quarterly VAT returns
- Assisting with monitoring various budgets and reporting forecast annual expenditure
- Assisting with preparing and distributing information to budget managers to support budget monitoring
- Assisting with the preparation of management and financial accounts
- Calculating amounts to be invoiced in respect of services provided to other organisations
- Processing invoices for payment
- Processing staff expenses
To apply for this role, you:
1. Must have some experience of working in finance, but you do not need to have been exposed to all of the above duties
2. Will have some experience of working in a finance team of a public sector / not for profit organisation
This is a permanent opportunity to join a well established public sector organisation. Not only will you be given unrivalled training and support to ensure you can effectively complete the above duties, but you will be given a competitive salary between £18,000 and £25,000, study support for AAT, CIMA or ACCA (if desired), 25 days holiday plus statutory days and onsite parking.