A progressive opportunity with this market leading FMCG based in Huntingdon for an experienced finance candidate to continue their progression in the Assistant Accountant role. Within the role as Assistant Accountant you will be responsible for ensuring the accurate and detailed completion of the month end process through assisting the senior finance team.
A market leading FMCG who has seen excellent growth to begin the year and are showing no signs of slowing down. Based from friendly offices in Huntingdon the candidate for the Assistant Accountant will be joining an experience team who can offer progression opportunities.
The Assistant Accountant will be responsible for:
- Maintaining high accounting and administration standards
- Fully reconciling balance sheet accounts
- Ensuring that any site based discrepancies or issues are communicated to the Divisional Financial Controller and Senior Accountant
- Ensure that all invoicing and processes are managed in accordance with internal financial policies
- Adhering to financial controls and policies without exception, in line with company policy and audit standards
- Promptly resolving discrepancies, issues and queries
- Ensuring financial controls and reporting deadlines are adhered to
- Posting of accurate and detailed journals
The successful candidate for the Assistant Accountant will be:
- Previous experience in an accounting position
- Experience working to tight deadlines
- Part qualified or studying towards an accounting qualification
- Strong communication skills with both internal and external customers
- Previous FMCG experience would be desirable
The successful candidate will be making a fantastic career move to this market leading business based from Huntingdon. Alongside the progression opportunities you will also receive a competitive salary package.