We are recruiting for an impressive household name, based in Dunstable, who are looking for a commercially minded Rebates Analyst to join their Finance team.
Our client is an impressive and well known brand across the UK with offices based in Dunstable. Due to market-beating sales growth they are continuing to expand rapidly across the UK and as such the Finance division has a need for another head.
The Rebates Analyst will be responsible for the commercial analysis of all related areas of rebates and stock for this part of the group.
A key part of the role is to support the commercial director, senior executive team and buying function with value-adding information and insight to meet business objectives for rebates and stock.
The role duties include:
- Act as the main finance contact for all aspects of rebates with a focus to identify future risks and opportunities
- Creation of budgets and forecasts supported with variance analysis as part of month-end process
- Tracking, verification and recording of suppliers trading agreements (legal documents) ensuring accuracy and timeliness of rebates into the accounts
- Ensure any queries are resolved for cash collection and aid to get payments in on a timely basis
- Business partnering with the commercial & replenishment teams to direct stock purchases for maximum ROI while optimising sales in-line with business targets
- Preparation of month end accruals, journals and balance sheet reconciliations
- Calculation, reconciliation and timely invoicing of all aspects of supplier funding to facilitate cashflow of the company
- Liaising with suppliers to resolve disputes over funding and turnover levels
- Regular and accurate finance reporting
- In co-operation with supply chain and commercial teams, provide analytical input to facilitate achieving the business stock targets including sterling stock targets, stock weeks cover and slow moving stock
- Stock reporting & analysis of key KPI's as part of monthend
- Preparing month end accruals, journals and balance sheet reconciliations
- Contribute to weekly reporting to the commercial team
- Continuing to strive to improve quality and efficiencies in the reporting and delivery of information
- Support finance team with ad hoc queries
The successful Rebates Analyst will be:
- Ideally studying for ACCA/CIMA
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Analytical and organised
- Strong Excel with desirable knowledge of Oracle or SAP
- Strong background in Accounts Receivable, ideally with significant knowledge and experience in dealing with rebates or supplier funding
- Other attributes will include:Confident, Inquisitive, Proactive, Resilient under pressure, Strong attention to detail, and the ability to learn quickly.
The Rebates Analyst will look to earn between £35,000 and £40,000 plus an extensive benefits package including a generous bonus scheme and study package.