The role is a straightforward Finance Assistant position, with the key tasks being to ensure the smooth operation of the Purchase & Sales Ledgers, as well as general finance support to the rest of the team and the wider business.
My client is one of Bristol's best businesses to work for, nationally recognised for their investment in people and the strength of their company culture.
They have a particular focus on sustainability and protecting the environment, both in the products they produce and the way they operate their business.
They produce goods in the FMCG space.
The key duties will of the Finance Assistant will include, but not be limited to;
- Ensure all supplier invoices are processed, authorised and paid in a timely manner.
- New supplier and customer set up on the accounting software.
- Management of purchase requisitions (PR's), purchase orders (PO's) and goods receipt notes (GRN's), ensuring all invoices have a receipted purchase order.
- Reconciliation of supplier statements.
- Maintain effective relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Ensuring customer invoices are raised in a timely manner.
- Processing customer receipts onto account and allocating against corresponding invoices.
- Processing customer debit notes.
- Reviewing and actioning orders on hold.
- Processing customer credit notes once approved.
- Continuously drive process improvements.
The successful Finance Assistant will already have experience of working on both the Purchase & Sales ledgers, as well as solid Excel skills.
You will be confident communicating with colleagues and customers both by phone and in writing, and will be committed to achieving your goals and completing your work in a timely and effective way.
As an individual, my client is looking for someone who is;
- Committed to continuous personal development.
- Resilient when having difficult conversations.
- Able to think outside the box in order to solve problems.
- Able to cope with and adapt to change.
- Proactive and consistently looking at ways to improve existing processes, both for themselves and in order to support their colleagues.
In return, our client can offer an initial 8 month fixed term contract, with a salary of between £18,000 & £22,000, depending on your level of qualification and experience.