Head of Corporate Services Finance Manager
Very much about strong leadership, this role will be a key part of the Finance management team helping to shape the finance strategy as well as developing a high performing team with the capability to successfully partner with key stakeholders in the business through a period of extensive change.
The overall purpose of the role is to head up and lead the Finance Corporate Teams, based in the UK and Europe, responsible for preparing accounts for 20 statutory entities as well as managing circa €15m of external income.
• Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, this role will manage the Corporate Services Finance team with responsibility for budgeting, forecasting and financial reporting processes. This role will ensure that all internal and external deadlines for the above are met along with all compliance needs.
• Overall responsibility for the financial management circa £50m of costs (circa 150 staff), £15m of external income, intragroup revenue of circa £150m and net assets of circa £700m
• Overall responsibility for the financial management and statutory compliance of the Benelux corporate entities
• Attend monthly meetings with the CFO to discuss analysis & recommendations regarding company financial performance
• Oversee and have overall accountability for the budget and reforecast process for Corporate Services including creating and oversight of timetable, preparation of reports for submission and approval by the Group CFO. Provide advice and guidance to the business/stakeholders to discuss results, trends, opportunities and issues on both Month End and Budgets/Forecasts.
• Ensure statutory/year end accounts for each team and entity are published on time and free from error and maintaining effective working relationships with the auditors and Audit Committee. Overall responsibility for the internal and external auditor relationships.
• Responsible for controlling and optimising the cost structure for the business in accordance with the strategic plan and the annual budget.
• Overall responsibility for the leadership of a diverse team fostering an excellent leadership climate, a strong team spirit and an ethos of delivering excellent service to customers. Working with each of the team managers to develop a clear purpose and vision for the team ensuring that business objectives and reporting and compliance requirements are met.
• Managing each team manager to ensure that their respective teams have a clear set of objectives and performance against these are regularly monitored. To work with each team managers to identify any training needs within the team to drive up performance standards ensuring an excellent service is provided to customers and the business
• Through the team managers, developing, implement and embed robust internal controls throughout the corporate centres to ensure that appropriate governance and compliance is in place. To ensure that the monitoring is accurately performed by the team according to the agreed guidelines
• Responsible for certain daily and weekly transactions such as Oracle approvals, payment run authorities, bank signatory, supplier master file audit and control
• To act as the Finance Business Partner on key finance and cross-business projects. Attend and represent the business in both internal and external meetings both within the UK and Europe as and when needed.
• Build close collaboration with the Tax, Treasury, Purchasing teams and other finance partners throughout the Group to ensure the right level of information, support and guidance is provided to the business. To actively participate as a member of the Senior Management team to identify and implement strategic improvements.
• Raise financial awareness and skills within own area of the business to improve standards of financial/P&L management.
Professional Accountancy Qualification (ACA) with minimum 10 years post-qualification experience
Highly numerate, experienced individual with strong financial, operational and commercial experience gains in an international organisation with global intercompany transactions, multi currencies and group reporting requirements
Proven leadership ability with experience of leading large and diverse teams.
Wide range of financial accounting experience including AP, AR, Fixed Assets, General Ledger and Statutory Reporting
Secure knowledge and understanding of the new UK GAAP and IFRS reporting requirements
Excellent Excel and Word skills
Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment
Project management skills and can lead a change management programme.
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.
Walker Dendle Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Walker Dendle is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms available on our website.