Commercial Finance Analyst
Finance Analyst role working for a large UK retail organisation in the outskirts of Cardiff. Excellent internal progression offered with a competitive market salary.
The client I am working with have over 500 stores across the UK and have a strong local presence in South Wales. They are currently expanding and growing due to business performance in 2018/2019.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Preparation of retail budget centres to trial balance
- Invoice coding, authorisation and control (to include supplier queries)
- Monthly reconciliation of charges posted to the cost centres
- Calculation and posting of accruals and prepayments
- Analysis of monthly costs to budget and forecast
- Preparation of figures for inclusion in the monthly management accounts pack
Forecasting and Budgeting (operational and capital expenditure)
- Continually develop retail operations budget and forecast models
- Production of retail latest views, forecasts and budgets
- Preparation of opportunity/risk schedules
- Fully analyse actual monthly figures with weekly reports produced by retail management
- Develop the weekly reports produced by the retail managers
- Audit the information produced, and systems and processes used by the retail management
Routine Reporting to Finance Management
- Act as a point of contact for finance colleagues and deal with/field retail queries
- Produce ad-hoc schedules as required by finance management (e.g. rework charges, year-end schedules etc.)
Logistics Operations Reporting
- Monthly reporting of actual spend versus budget/last year to management
- Production of ad-hoc schedules as required by retail management
Other Departmental Duties
- Assist in the production of a weekly trading pack
- Provide departmental cover for the logistics and Administration analysts - including production of store P&L's and answering subsequent queries
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
The successful candidate will be someone looking to progress their career within Accounting & Finance. Studying a qualification such as ACCA/CIMA/ACA will boost your profile. Experience with month end in an analytical role will be key decider in this Financial reporting/analytical position in the department.
On offer for the candidate is a competitive market salary with the opportunity to grow with the corporation. Study support will be offered to exceptional candidates.