Assistant Vice President (E Band) - Business Transformation Specialist
Job title (employment contract): Senior Analyst
Functional title (internal): Business Transformation Specialist
Corporate Band/Title: Assistant Vice President (E Band)
In this role, you will support and coordinate the implementation of Global Finance Transformation Projects across the Cash & Cost Operations Bangalore unit. In addition, in this role you will oversee, as needed various small projects and initiatives as part of continuous improvement practices of the unit. Furthermore, you will support the unit's digitization strategy and the further enhancement of the unit's operational performance management KPIs. Lastly, in this role, you will very closely cooperate with the Cash & Cost Operations Bratislava team and with other teams in Finance Group Operations on projects and digitization efforts.
- Work closely with the Head of Business Transformation to drive and support operational excellence and digitization opportunities in FGO Bangalore and Bratislava teams
- Participate in the locational governance of Global projects in close cooperation with the C&C Ops management
- Communicate with Project stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Support and monitor improvement efforts in C&C Ops unit across the value chains
- Perform the analysis and build up business cases considering the implications from business requirements for system migrations
- Support the teams in the improvement of processes performed within the unit
- Understand and evaluate all critical processes, and identify areas of inconsistency or inefficiency, including recommendation of solutions to optimize processes
- Identify cross location and cross unit topics to improve overall productivity and eliminate process inefficiency
- Support the further development of C&C Ops operational performance management KPIs
- Help the FGO management identify talents for expert career path, contribute to their skills development and help to improve their experience in project participation and management
- Work in close cooperation with the Process Controls function to ensure an appropriately controlled transformation of all processes
- Any other ad hoc tasks as required from time to time, which are deemed to be appropriate for this role
KEY SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- University degree in the area of finance, banking, accounting and/or economics, along with relevant working experience of minimum 7 years in the fields of consulting, project participation/management; PMP would be desirable
- CIMA Qualified (ACMA/CGMA), Exam Complete with relevant work experience can also apply.
- Advanced accounting knowledge (Understanding of balance sheet accounts, P&L accounts, control accounts and the link between these accounts.)
- Technical knowledge of Accounts Payables and/or Payments systems and processes
- Business Process Improvement experience and skills
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to translate business strategies into clear, consistent, systematic finance processes, activities and systems
- Professional knowledge in MS Office tools, especially MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Coaching and training skills
- Language skills: English fluent written and spoken
- Proven relationship builder across the organization
- Demonstrated expertise as a change agent, both culturally and functionally
- Proactive attitude, self-motivated, team player, willing to learn
Drives the analysis and build up business cases/ solutions enhancing the value chain
Open to extend knowledge in E2E cross-functional processes.
Aware of the importance of internal and external clients, understands their needs and works with them to meet these. Focuses on delivery, meeting deadlines and providing high quality service.
Representation of C&C Ops. Unit on project meetings and discussions with stakeholders. Drives the projects with focus on cross-functional benefits.
The ability to collaborate with others and contribute as part of a high performance team, as opposed to working independently or competitively, in order to achieve a common goal. Delegates to the project teams and the operations but provides hands-on support when required
WORKING WITH OTHERS
Effective interpersonal and communication skills across all internal and external levels and functions as well as capable to interact in diverse cultural environments.
Team player who is able to convince and motivate others.
Able and willing to obtain, use and share information, ideas and knowledge with others across the organisation and clients as appropriate to maximise business effectiveness.
Deals with colleagues and clients honestly and exhibits high integrity in all situations
C&C Ops Bangalore
Various functions within Swiss Re
- Some travel to other Swiss Re locations may be required