You will be responsible for supporting the CFO in the day to day running of the finance function.
My client is a fast growing managed services business based in Edgware. They have just gone through a round of investment and have some very strong growth plans. Subsequently they need to hire a Financial Controller. This is a newly created role.
The Financial Controller is responsible for:
- Preparation and ownership of monthly management accounts and month end reporting
- Producing variance analysis with commentary
- Reporting on actual department costs against budget and provide recommendations
- Ensure that balance sheet reconciliations are completed/reviewed to agreed deadlines
- Management and ownership of monthly payroll process
- Management of the pension scheme and VAT returns
- Managing cash and forecasting cash
- Supporting the CFO with the preparation of the annual budgets and year end audit process
- Preparing business data analysis on KPIs
- Improving the controls and processes within the business
- Assist with ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests.
The successful candidate will ideally be:
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with strong technical knowledge in accounting & tax
- Demonstrable experience of working with large volumes of data sets for analytical review
- Excellent IT skills, excel and accounting software (sage 50 accounts)
- Staff management skills
- Self motivated and positive
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- Work on own initiative
- Proven ability to plan and prioritise work in order to meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail with good analytical skills
The Financial Controller position comes with a competitive salary between £58,000-£65,000.