Group Management Accountant
To provide day to day financial support to the Sales, Operations and Partnership teams within group.
A global leader in their highly specific field, the group pride themselves on customer engagement. They cross the technology and utilities sectors.
- Principal financial accountability for the Business Planning process (Strategic Plan, Budget, Forecast) for Sales, Operations & Partnerships.
- Issue to and engage the management team and relevant stakeholders in daily, weekly and monthly performance reports.
- Provide operational input to support preparation of weekly cash flow forecasts.
- Work with Sales & Operations to forecast and measure inventory - ensuring opportunity and risk are identified in a timely manner and action plans are agreed and quantified.
- Ensure financial reporting obligations within Partnerships contracts are fulfilled within appropriate timescales and available for stakeholder review.
- Assist in the preparation of timely and accurate management accounts - including but not limited to - all journal entries & control account reconciliations relating to Inventory, Sales & COGS. Ensure the balance sheet position for Partnership programmes is accurate.
- Provide standard analysis & commentary for Board Report as may from time to time be agreed.
- Provide support to Sales, Operations and Partnership team with business issues, including but not limited to, expenditure approval, dispute resolution, business cases and investment appraisal - ensuring issues are escalated in a timely and effective way.
- Ensure that new propositions are integrated in to Business, Commercial and Finance operations in a compliant & sustainable way - including Partnership reporting.
- Work with stakeholders to identify and report on business trends / value opportunities, assisting in the delivery and measurement of the value added
- Working with the wider Finance team - to recommend, participate in, and as appropriate, lead Finance process, systems or tooling transformation activity.
- Assist with annual audit, preparation of statutory accounts and tax planning / compliance activities.
- Ensure financial control procedures are adequate, briefed on and complied with. Maintain appropriate process and policy documentation.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties defined by the Company to ensure business objectives/requirements are met.
- The company operates across multiple geographies and some business travel is likely be required to be successful in the role. Business travel within the UK could reasonably be up to 40% in a given period. There may be a further 10% from time to time across Europe and the rest of the world.
- CA / ACA / CIMA or ACCA Qualified Accountant or Part-qualified Accountant 2 years experience in similar environment
- Familiar with integrated MRPII / ERP systems (SAGE / SAP / MS Dynamics)
- Comfortable working with MS Office products - Excel; Outlook; Word; Powerpoint
- Experience working with a product / manufacturing business preferred - but transferrable skills from a project / job environment will be recognized
- Experience in a FMCG or a commodity selling environment preferred
- Experience of influencing stakeholders at various levels of seniority - financial and non-financial
- Experience of working across remote locations would be helpful.
A competitive salary and european remit is of offer to the successful candidate. You will be part of a sustainable and global business who continue to grow.