A great opportunity for a credit controller to join an industry leading business in an exciting and varied role.
The client is a force within the Manufacturing and Production industry with sites located across the country, being one of the largest companies in the world within the sector. They have a strong reputation amongst their customers for providing top quality products and require a strong credit controller to recover outstanding debt and look at the current finance processes to ensure the proactive collection of debt and reduction of future invoicing issues. Located in Bedford, they are an easy commute for anyone located in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Luton or the surrounding area.
The Credit Controller will have responsibilities that include:
- To manage a portfolio of existing and new customers for the purpose of controlling, reducing and maintaining debt
- Production of Monthly debt reports
- Achieve high volumes of daily credit control, documenting call activity - promised payments - instalments
- Log customer disputes, ensuring the level of detail is sufficient for analysing root cause issues
- Achieve high level collection results for nominated accounts reducing and then maintaining aged debt position
- To provide speedy solutions for document requests
- Releasing orders in line with credit policy and updating list daily for stream stakeholders
- Attend any meetings as required
The successful Credit Controller will have:
- Demonstrable experience in a credit control and accounts environment - Essential
- Ability to communicate with customers and staff at all levels of the organisation (essential) with excellent telephone manner
- To have negotiation skills in relation to credit control - Essential
- Institute of Credit Management member - Desirable
- A pro-active personality with an ability to take ownership of processes - Desirable
- AAT Qualification - Desirable
The opportunity to join a Manufacturing and Production giant in an interesting and varied role that allows for a transfer of skills. Free parking on site in an easily commutable location in Bedford.