Graduate Accounts Assistant
GKBK is looking for a recent graduate to join our growing finance team as an Accounts Assistant. Reporting into the Finance Manager, this role will be responsible for the control, processing and oversight of invoices and payments as well as maintaining a clean general ledger with appropriate reconciliations for the company. In this role you'll have the opportunity to take ownership of processes, implement improvements, and have a real impact on the function.
Who are we?
GKBK is more than just another banking start-up. It aims to provide innovative lending solutions to UK customers, supported by a money management app that enables customers to take control of their personal finances and their credit profiles. GKBK believes that it's proposition will appeal to a large market of customers (c.14m) who find it difficult to access mainstream credit. GKBK's mission is not just about lending; it is determined to provide an option for those consumers currently unable to access affordable borrowing from mainstream providers, helping customers to borrow responsibly, and enabling them to understand how to improve their credit histories. GKBK aims to create a business that supports and empowers its customers.
GKBK expects to establish a strong market presence and positive reputation, based on easy-to-use products and high levels of service. At launch, GKBK will also introduce simple fixed-rate saving products, which will be marketed to UK savers.
We've built up a team of about 20 (and growing!) intelligent, creative and hard-working individuals excited by the prospect of building a customer obsessed bank that provides innovative financial solutions that enables customers to take control of their personal finances. We value accountability and collaboration and know that having a bit of fun in the office makes us even more productive. We're growing rapidly and are looking for people with similar values and attitude to bring their experience to enhance our team.
Who are you?
We're looking for people who want to be a part of building something from scratch and see their hard work turn into tangible results. These are people who work well with others and are keen to roll up their sleeves and put their hand up to work beyond their day to day job description where needed. They will be resilient to set backs, have a "make-it-happen" attitude, and have experience in or are keen to embrace the experience of working in new business/brand launches.
What will you do?
- Process invoices, staff expenses and payments and implement a secure, efficient purchase ledger process
- Maintain and reconcile the bank accounts
- Maintain the General Ledger (Sun Systems), including accruals, prepayments and posting journals
- Maintain the fixed asset register, process additions, disposals and run monthly depreciation
- Cost centre review and partner with department leads where needed
- Assist in the production of the management accounts and provide commentary alongside these
- Assist with external and internal audit requirements
- Assist the Finance Manager and other members of the Finance team with ad-hoc tasks as required
We're looking for:
- An individual currently working towards or looking to start a recognised accounting qualification such as CIMA
- Ability to maintain and improve finance processes and controls
- Ability to adapt to a fast-changing and growing business
- Strong IT Skills, including Excel and accounting systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Preferably 1+ years of experience in a similar role, but not essential
We'll offer you:
- A competitive salary
- Study Support package
- GKBK's employee benefits package including private medical insurance, health cash plan, death in service, critical illness and income protection cover, 25 days annual leave plus your birthday off and a cycle to work scheme
- A flexible approach to working
- The opportunity to make a real contribution and be part of the team that will build our organisation
This is an exciting period of rapid growth at GKBK as we build our team, our brand and our products - join us on our journey.